Monday, December 25, 2006

I have a qualm with movie critics...

They're all DUMB....

I mean, the first problem I have is they expect a movie to be an amazing intellectual experience. Its a MOVIE. Its supposed to be something to ENTERTAIN you, no matter if it is unbelievably cheesy or awe-inspiring.

People make fun of me for how I watch a movie.....I went with people from my team when we were in Miami, and they were amazed at my involvement in what was going on in the movie.

I take a movie-going experience as a chance to get lost in the world that is in front of me. Not something to go to to look to not have fun. I mean I know their job title is Movie CRITIC, but only about half of the movies they like are actually good! I have about 70 movies in my dvd cases with me in Italy, and I bet they would hate about 75% of them......and if that's true, then WHO is benefiting from their critique?!?!?! Maybe the 10% of the world who is just like them? That's my only guess....

We need to find a way for NORMAL people who like to be entertained to review movies.....

I might just start on here.....look for my review for We Are Marshall...coming soon!

:)

2 Comments:

At December 30, 2006 12:16 AM, Blogger Jess said...

YAY! You finally began to update. I am so proud! I miss you bunches. Will you guys be at Mid-year Conference? If you arent there I dont want to go! WRITE ME BACK!

 
At January 03, 2007 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat I fully support your endeavour to critique movies for the general public. You could start a blog whereby you review the latest films, and maybe even get other websites to link to you. Your movie reviews could become popular among bloggers and then who knows what might happen from there. I think you should seriously consider it. But we can chat more about this when we're laying in bed trying to fall asleep in our room in Italy one week from today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home